Office Administrator / PA to the CEO
Office based in Lymington
25 per week (worked across 4 or 5 days)
£14,000 per annum for 25 hours per week
23 March, 2023
Main purpose of this role
Our charity is dedicated to supporting adults with enduring mental illness, and their families and carers. The Office Administrator / PA will provide efficient and responsive administrative support to our CEO, in line with the needs of the organisation.
Specific duties and tasks within the broad JD will be agreed annually with the CEO.
1. Prioritising all requests from the CEO.
2. Becoming proficient in database management (Filemaker).
3. Maintaining the office, creating and updating client, volunteer and staff files and documentation.
4. Responding to phone, email and written enquiries and communications in a timely and professional manner and ensuring that all communications are recorded accurately on Filemaker.
5. Ensuring all legal documents and insurances are up to date and valid.
6. Supporting with all aspects of volunteer and staff recruitment and interviewing potential candidates when requested.
7. Managing administrative tasks in relation to BrightHR – creating new staff records, uploading HR documentation and liaising with Peninsula / BrightHR when required.
8. Assisting in the set-up of training, and maintaining the Training Tracker to record courses completed by volunteers and staff.
9. Scanning in documents and saving these in the appropriate folders online.
10. Ensuring the office is kept clean, organised and presentable at all times, and that office equipment such as laptops, chargers, printers and shredders are fully operational.
11. Developing and maintaining an accurate register of equipment issued to staff and volunteers, such as mobile ‘phones, chargers, laptops etc., and arranging for the return of equipment when no longer required.
12. Arranging periodic PAT testing of office and remote electrical equipment and ensuring that appropriate records are kept.
13. Ensuring that all confidential material such as bank statements, Right to Work documentation etc. is stored securely within the office.
14. Liaising with Town Hall staff, to book the meeting room when required.
15. Ensuring that any actions within the Health and Safety audit are managed at office level.
16. Designated Fire Marshall duties for the Lymington office.
17. Ensuring that DSE assessments are completed by all staff on an annual basis and acted upon appropriately.
18. Overseeing the work of office volunteers, providing support when needed.
19. Minuting meetings and distribution of minutes.
20. Supporting team members with Outreach, volunteer recognition and fundraising events, when needed.
21. Supporting the Pen Pal project, under the direction of the Outreach Programme Manager.
22. Liaison with the Finance Officer to ensure that any requested finance reports are prepared in time for Board meetings.
23. Preparation and distribution of the Hammersley Homes newsletter.
24. Management of the Mailchimp list.
25. Design and production of engaging promotional materials.
26. Adherence to the policies and procedures of Hammersley Homes.
27. Any other duties reasonably requested, commensurate to the role.
1. An excellent standard of verbal and written English is essential.
2. A proven track record of office / administrative management.
3. IT competency.
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
1. A good understanding of the work of Hammersley Homes and a commitment to the vision and mission.
2. An approachable, proactive and friendly disposition with a clear understanding of professional boundaries.
3. Excellent customer care skills and professionalism.
4. A warm and helpful telephone manner, with the ability to take detailed messages and signpost individuals to the appropriate people.
5. Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills, with the ability to work independently and with initiative.
6. The ability to multi-task to complete competing deadlines.
7. An understanding of best practice in relation to Safeguarding, GDPR and Equality and Diversity.
8. Comprehensive IT skills and the ability to accurately input data onto databases.